Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Long Drive

I was sick and tired of the traffic. Endless traffic jams and slow moving traffic was the order of the day. So I decided that I will take the long route back home.

The road was wider, traffic was less dense. However, it took much longer than usual to reach home. It was a more peaceful drive, the extra time spent driving was worth it.

Should I take the longer route back daily? Should the longer route be my primary way to reach work? Is reaching work my most important goal? Does it make sense to travel the extra mile daily? Or Fighting my way through the traffic is the best way going ahead?

It's definitely not a case of the road less taken, may be its a case of not wanting to fight my way through the traffic. I don't know :)

1 comment:

  1. Tough question. The one that has exercised human minds for ages.

    A perplexing paradox of multiple dimensions. Objects invite us to several destinations, the destinations keep changing, distances keep changing, vehicles keep changing, and eventually the shorter route turns out longer and the longer one appears shorter from time to time.

    We may have to seek and choose a guide to help us fix the destination. Then solutions might show up. It could be as simple as staying closer to the destination, use lesser resources, walk to it, take friends along the way.

    The trouble is... we have to trust the guide and accept the destination that he shows us forth.

    In the end, I think the question will remain, the known solution will remain elusive, and the journey will continue. After all, we made the choice, didn't we?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name at the end of the message