Monday, March 5, 2012

Bangalore Traffic

As much as I like Bangalore, I hate the traffic management and the traffic. Today was one such day, I had to put up with messy traffic on the way. This is the story of many folks who follow road rules and end up furious when they reach back home.

It was 5PM, the time when I usually head back home. It's also the time when the traffic cops lose their plot, thousands of retarded lunatics start driving on the road. Their only goal, reach home at any cost with total disregard for traffic rules. The cab drivers try compete with one another, usually in the game of 'who drives worse when using the phone'. The next is the great buses which hog 2 lanes of the 3 lane road. The grand party is supervised by the trainee cops who are mostly engaged in cell phone talks. So much for training. And the icing on the cake is the underpass construction. The great mess plays out day in and day out at the outer ring road.

It was in this grand scheme of things I set out to head back home. The very first signal, waiting for the traffic to clear up. Bang!!! A retard software engineer stops his bike after colliding with the back of my bike. The reason, he's speaking to another biker to this right. And used my bike as brakes.... I was furious. Luckily he was little far away, otherwise I would have displaced his jaw. Finally the idiot realised he goofed up and disappeared from the scene. The signal turned green. I moved on.

Barely few metres away from the signal, bus stop!!! The bus never stops there but right in the middle of 3 lane road. Horde of people rush in and out of the bus. There's absolute disregard for the rest of the traffic. Finally, manage to work my way around the bus.

Moving on, more traffic, more morons along the way. Worked my way through the traffic. Just a little more distance to reach home, and there jumps a cow on to the road. Screech!!! Thought only humans didn't have disregard for traffic....

After all this nonsense, finally made it home.

Realised that everyone is only concerned about reaching their destination. There's total disregard for the people around. If I have to make it back, it's solely my responsibility. I'll have to make up for others' mistakes on road, adjust accordingly. There's no point picking up a quarrel along the way. The most important objective is to reach my destination.

1 comment:

  1. Plesant traffic manners, abiding by the rules, smiling while driving, are infectious. I have found that spread along my way, whenever I tried for a fair length of time. But yes, that was the last time I was in Coimbatore. In Chennai, the traffic made me furious though.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name at the end of the message