Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Nose!!! I ran into a glass door

My anecdote may appear extremely silly or funny for those who read it,  but it was a painful few days for me.

A few years ago, I was part of a team that had traveled down to Bangalore for a cricket match. Our team were staying in the corporate guest house. Actually, guest house was more of a resort. Lush green lawn, European style rooms, garden, corporate lounge and a great restaurant. I was wowed at the luxury we were provided for just an intra-company match. I wished that I could make  my home like the guest house.

We had made it to the finals. It was the evening before the big match. I was in great spirits before the finals. The guest house made my evening even more beautiful. It was dinner time, someone yelled out my name from the restaurant. So much energy and excitement, I was sprinting towards the person.

The unexpected happened, I ran into an almost invisible glass door in the lobby. Nose First!!!! I had hurt my nose very badly. My eyes were filled with tears almost instantly due to the impact. I lost balance,  my head was spinning. For a few moments, didn't  realized what hit me. All I could feel was my nose was aching. For the first time, I felt bad for having a Big nose :) 

So much for a great guest house, there was a nearly invisible glass door(no handles, can u imagine?) right in the middle of the lobby. 

Adding insult to injury, my whole team was around me rolling in laughter looking at my plight. A few of them sympathized though. But the pain was totally mine to experience :( I still played the final next day.

I can see it as the  stupidity of the designers (to put a near spotless glass pane trap right in the middle of the lobby without any sort of marking) or my own carelessness not to see invisible obstacle in my way.

Ultimately I ended up hurting my nose. And the next few days were misery even to breathe :) 

Just thinking of the day I ran to the glass door, or seeing a Saint-Gobain Glass advertisements hurts my nose. 

In hindsight, I should've been more careful.

Damn!!  

(Nostalgic,  I written this post at the exact time I ran into the glass door - 10:30PM ) 

1 comment:

  1. Certainly a bad idea to have a glass pane without markings. The reason for the glass may be airconditioning, but the reason for no marks being there may be just the beauty. After all, these are days when we value the gloss than the utility. I am not surprised.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your name at the end of the message