Saturday, February 4, 2012

Screw my internet provider...

(mobile post, thanks to gprs on my phone )
I was supposed to be on Facetime to be part of a birthday celebration.Guess what happened, the internet went dead. It's not the internet I need to be angry about, but the folks who provide access to the internet service.

I was able to login to chat, but my friends list never loaded up. It would be very easy to just blame the chat servers because they were not accessible. Complain about poor service, The service provider will also try to convince me that the fault was with google or apple that the chat service didn't work.

This is exactly the problem with technology. Imperfect by implementation, but not by concept. Many times, It's important to identify if the technology itself is flawed or the guys who deliver it mess it up.

Today it was my service provider who messed up. Tomorrow it might be the google servers.

But what's more important is to recognize and acknowledge the fact that the concept of chat is not flawed/imperfect by itself but the experience can vary based on the delivery mechanism.

(leave your comments and feedback)
Good night.
-kaushik

2 comments:

  1. Looks that you changed the last sentence. The earlier one gave a better idea of what you wanted to convey..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good. I'll remove the last sentence. :)

      Delete

Please leave your name at the end of the message