Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Fraction of a Second

The day started like any other. Few minutes scanning the newspapers, the routine cup of coffee and work. But something was different on the way to work. I was feeling brisk, almost like the brain was tired of being tired of life. The day appeared brighter than usual. The traffic was moving quicker than usual. Then came the fraction of second that made a difference.

A large truck was hogging the road. On any other day I'd be happy to tail the slow truck all the way. But today was different. The brain worked faster than usual. It was only a fraction of second quicker though. The distance was worked out, the calculation was perfect. A little extra acceleration and I zoomed ahead of the slow beast. It was almost like the instincts took over. Some may perceive it as rash driving, according to me the mind was operating a fraction of a second faster than usual. Once I pulled away from the truck there was no looking back.

I reached office on time. I was able to predict the output of the code. Knew what people would say next. The vision for whole day almost presented itself beforehand. Time flew. Work day came to an end. I had written more code than usual, was still remarkably fresh Once I was back home, hit the gym and as I'm writing this post I'm almost on unlimited energy.

Once in a while, the brain acts slightly faster than usual. The moments when it happens is when u get the spark. Once you identify such moments life becomes easy and you are almost in overdrive and experience unlimited energy. I don't know what was special about today. But such sparks trigger only once a while. Rest of the time, the mind acts plain lazy.

Well, if the mind was acting a fraction quicker all the time, I'd be great already :)

1 comment:

Please leave your name at the end of the message